August 28, 2011

Murakami inspires writing

I was never too confident about writing. I think I had too many ideas boggled down by the belief that I was unable to write properly. I'm also terribly bad at spelling. But I do have a yearning to learn new vocabulary to express the slight nuances of feelings when writing. I know reading and writing go hand in hand, so it's time to make a lifestyle change and pick up some more books.

Although i was never confident about writing, I am always comfortable with the idea of changing old habits and acquiring new knowledge. Like quitting cigarettes and cooking.

I just read an excerpt from What I talk about when I talk about running by Haruki Murakami (book here), and he has definitely inspired me in many ways: To try writing and to speak in an honest language, to live a healthier life and to take up more exercising.

So here's to change.

12FV.


Command:
12FV facebook here.
12FV twitter here.



No comments: